The Giant and The Diamond
Globetech provides technology IT infrastructure to shipowners and vessels worldwide, and currently operates over 25 vessels from the Siem Offshore fleet.
The Giant in Brazil
The PSV Siem Giant was delivered in 2014 with complete Globetech IT infrasturcure solutions and has this year been undergoing its scheduled 5-year classification in Brazil. Globetech was onboard in May, providing an updated IT system.
- Onboard we installed new servers, upgraded and consolidated firewalls, and updated the remaining ship hardware to the latest versions, says Senior Consultant at Globetech Tor Sigurd Gjertsen.
- We also migrated data onto new mail systems and databases, all part of the scheduled classification of the ship, Gjertsen continues.
In addition to services provided to Siem Giant, the Siem Offshore do Brazil offices underwent upgrades of their IT system including extensive work on redundent infrastructure.
The Diamond is back in business
Since completing a contract in Brazil in 2015, the AHTS Siem Diamond (2010) had been in lay-up in Arendal, Norway. After a yard stay in Orskov, Frederikshavn the vessel is reactivated and now back in business. Globetech was in Orskov, providing technical solutions and upgrades;
- We performed a planned upgrade and installation of new IT solutions onboard the Siem Diamond. As part of the 10-year classification we installed a new server, new wifi-system, new printer, as well as new networks for telephones, entertainment and data. With this upgrade Siem Diamond now has a fully modern IT infrastructure, says Senior Consulant Bernt Nilsen.
- With equipment from 2009-2010 these upgrades were essential in order to ensure robust and secure operations, especially with regards to the security aspects of cyberattacks, he continues.
Globetech delivers proven, efficient and reliable IT solutions including technical consultancy, solution design and system integration for marine vessels and offshore installations worldwide.
More stories from us at www.globetech.no
- Globetech in-house developed IT infrastructure products incorporates the latest technology and knowhow, 24/7 service and support, as well as training and financing elements – all set up customized-to-fit the individual needs of each client and vessel.
- Our installations are capable of running other multiple services such as IPTV, CCTV and phone systems, including the full suite of modern business processes and ICT tools.